Skip to main content

Facial Reflexology and Endometriosis Session 1

Reflexology Update.
Today I had my first reflexology appointment. After being taken through to a quiet, calming treatment room I was sat down and asked a few questions. I had been sent a questionnaire to complete a few days before my appointment, it covered the basic complimentary treatment questions (similar to the ones you complete before a massage) but there were also a few more specific ones about my troublesome areas and what I am looking to get from these sessions. As she was already aware of   my endometriosis and pcos she was able to build a plan of what she was going to do before I arrived, this meant that the 45 min session wasn't take up with lots of talking. With my desired results being relief from my daily pain she pitched Facial Reflexology over the more commonly used foot and hand. At first I was a little reticent, I had done all of my research on foot reflexology and wasn't aware of the facial kind. She explained that with Facial Reflexology she could focus on more than one aspect at a time. It uses the usual pressure point manipulation the foot reflexology does but it also allows her to rebalance my hormonal energy by manipulating my pituitary pressure points. She also explained that she gets much quicker results with facial reflexology than with the standard kind.
I decided to go with it and see how it went, If I found it wasn't beneficial I could always ask her to try foot reflexology instead. 
The start of the session was very relaxing, she removed my make up and started to gently massage my forehead, cheeks, jawbone and t-zone. To help her massage without pulling the skin she used a little facial oil mixed with rose water - very aromatic and relaxing. As the session went on and she started to manipulate and build pressure to the massage she was able to feel the areas that were more tender than others and could adjust the pressure accordingly. During the session I had moments where I felt light electrical sweeping feelings (a little like pins and needles) across my legs and abdomen. When I questioned her on this she explained that she also is a qualified Reiki master and this could have been due to her automatically trying to heal me at the same time. Reiki isn't something I have put a lot of thought in to before but after today I think I may do a little research. 
So overall my thoughts on my first session: 
I was pleasantly surprised, It was an extremely relaxing experience and by the end of the session I definitely felt in less pain. Its too early to tell if that was a direct relation to the treatment or because my body had relaxed and gone in to sleep mode. The pressure points that she showed me (after) that related to my bladder, uterus and ovaries were the exact same areas that were the most tender. She also Picked up that the areas around my knees were also really tender, I found this interesting as I hadn't mentioned any thing about the troubles I had been having with my knees. 

Am I a converted believer? Not yet, its way too early to tell but its definitely relaxed me today.

 Would I do it again? Yes I have booked a second session for a few weeks time as I am really interested to see if this does have some real benefits for me.

Would I recommend it? For a relaxing and intriguing exercise, Definitely! Watch this space to see how it turns out.

Wishing you all a relaxed pain free day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you are caught completely off guard!

Driving home singing along to the radio in the sunshine, enjoying the early finish and the chance to get home and have some fun. Then completely out of the blue, a pain unlike any other shoots right through me. A sharp pain that hits me deep inside. All of a sudden I have tears in my eyes and my legs won't stop shaking. I am less than 2 miles away from my house but I am so worried I won't make it there. I am stuck in traffic which means I have to clutch control when all I want to do is curl up in a ball with a hot water bottle and a ton of codeine in my system.  So I have a multiple choice option: 1. I pull over and wait for the pain to ease. Better to be safe than sorry. 2. Push through the pain and get home as fast as the traffic will allow me. 3. Pull over and call my Dad to come pick me up while crying down the phone. Option 3 is a no go as I know he will be out and unable to collect me. So do I pull over and wait for the pain to ease, which based on my histo

What if Wonder Woman had Fibromyalgia?

So I am a huge fan of superheroes. I love all the Marvel and DC shows and films and am loving the new Comic Cool revival that is happening. I was watching Wonder Woman (again) the other night and started to think to myself “What if Wonder Woman suffered from a chronic pain condition like Fibromyalgia?” or “What if Super-girl had Endometriosis?” what then would happen to the worlds they protect? It stands to reason that if these superheroes have heightened strength and powers then if they suffered from a chronic pain condition then the pain and symptoms would be heightened too. Now I know the purists out there will say they are Gods and Aliens and there DNA wouldn’t suffer from a human condition. Well you may be right, however think for a moment that they as a race can suffer from sickness just as we do. Allow yourself to believe that these could be very similar to our illness and conditions we suffer and strive to find cures for. If that were the case then its plausible they could b

Living with an invisible illness.

Living with an Invisible Illness? From the moment I was told by my GP that I may have endometriosis I was straight on the internet and advice forums. One of the most commonly used phrases I found was "living with an invisible illness".  When I first read this I felt like fist bumping the air and shouting YES! at the top of my voice. Suddenly I wasn't just the only one who felt like this. I had always felt like a bit of a whimp for being so rubbish that I couldn't just get on with my life during Painful monthly periods. I saw my friends and family get through it without any trouble or moaning and not having to even take paracetamol. I on the other hand was doubled over in pain, dosed up on codeine with a hot water bottle and bleeding so heavily sometimes that I couldn't move from the toilet. Why was I so different? Then the pain just carried on. It didn't matter where in my cycle I was and it was suddenly all around my abdomen, sharp and stabbing in my back